Are you looking for creative ways to incorporate CBD into your diet? CBD edibles provide you with all the amazing health benefits of this cannabinoid while allowing your tastebuds a little hedonistic pleasure.
You could simply purchase premade CBD treats. However, sometimes making it yourself feels more satisfying.
Sometimes though, state laws revoke your option to buy CBD food products. The legality of CBD treats has become incredibly shaky for a number of reasons.
Due to the candylike appearance, many states placed a ban on CBD candies and gummies. They feel that it entices children and therefore decided not to allow for it.
Another reason states, like New York, Ohio, and Maine decided to ban cannabidiol for food use lies in the FDA’s approval, or lack thereof. We saw the FDA approve specific CBD pharmaceuticals, however, they do not yet deem it safe for ingestion.
Like other supplements, the FDA does not yet back many of the research-based claims that CBD provides a wide range of health benefits. This puts restaurants and other CBD suppliers into a predicament when it comes to selling edible products containing CBD in certain states.
Fortunately, these laws do not stop you from buying hemp oil and incorporating it into your own food products at home. So you can legally enjoy your own homemade CBD treats.
How to Make CBD Edibles Yourself
What’s cookin’ good lookin’? Let’s explore a couple tasty do it yourself options!
Cherry Hibiscus CBD Gummies
Take your favorite childhood snack to a whole new level! Make your own beary special CBD edibles in gummy form!
Time: 45 minutes (active: 30 minutes)
Serving: 50 gummies
Dosage: ~20 mg CBD per gummy (using Regenefi’s 1,000mg pure CBD tincture)
- 24oz condiment bottle
- Silicon gummy molds (bears or another fun choice)
- Medium saucepan
- Measuring cup
- 1 oz Regenefi 1,000mg Pure CBD tincture
- 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 3 tablespoons creamed honey
- ½ cup coconut water
- ¾ cup tart 100% cherry juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons gelatin 1 (substitute with agar-agar powder for vegans)
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Pour coconut water into your saucepan. Bring to boil, then place hibiscus tea bags in coconut water for 7-10 minutes. Compost tea bags.
- Add cherry juice, salt, and creamed honey to saucepan. Gently whisk until mixture is homogenous.
- Return mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Add gelatin or agar-agar powder and whisk constantly for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the CBD tincture and whisk thoroughly until fully incorporated.
- Turn off stovetop and place funnel into condiment bottle. Transfer gummy bear liquid to condiment bottle. Note: This liquid is hot! Work quickly.
- Using an oven mitt to hold the bottle and squeeze the mixture into the molds.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove gummies from tray and store in airtight container.
Taking Your Gummies
You should take your tasty gummies as you would a multivitamin or supplement. Take one in the morning and one before bed. Athletes use CBD to help with inflammation might want to also take one of these CBD edibles an hour prior to playing sports.
CBD Coconut Popcorn
Healthy hedonism is a thing! Get a serving of whole grains, medium chain triglycerides, and a dose of CBD all while watching your favorite Netflix series! This guilt-free pleasure will truly improve your life.
Time: 10 min
Serving: 2 servings (1= 3tbs of kernels and 4 cups popped)
Dosage: ~33.33 mg
- Medium saucepan with cover
- Your favorite popcorn bowl
- 1 full dropper of Regenefi’s 1,000mg Pure CBD tincture
- 4 Tablespoon of pure coconut oil
- 6 Tablespoon popcorn kernels
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- On low heat, melt coconut oil on the bottom of the pan. Add in your dropper of Regenefi’s 1,000mg Pure CBD tincture.
- Pour in kernels. Tip the pan slightly so that they spread out evenly and the oil covers all of them.
- Cover and heat for about 5 minutes between medium and high heat.
- When pause lasts more than 2 seconds between pops, take the pan off the heat.
- Carefully remove the lid once popping stops. Hot steam will rise out.
- Pour into your popcorn bowl and add in the salt.
The Best Way to Enjoy Your Popcorn
You can enjoy this delightfully healthy snack in place of your normal CBD dose or in addition to it. Your body and tastebuds will thank you. Though it makes a perfect movie treat, the carbs also make it a perfect pre-workout snack.
CBD Chocolaty Krispie Treats
Satisfy that chocolate craving with a kick of CBD. You will love this sensible sweet treat.
Time: 20 minutes
Serving: 12 (1 bar = a serving)
Dosage: ~21mg CBD per gummy (using Regenefi’s 1,000mg pure CBD tincture)
- Medium saucepan
- 9.9-inch square baking pan
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Silicone spatula
- .5 Tablespoon of Regenefi’s 1,000mg Pure CBD tincture
- 5.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- .5 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups of Cocoa Krispies
- 8 cups of mini marshmallows
- Lightly coat the 9-inch by 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Place 5 cups of the mini marshmallows in a large pot, along with the CBD oil, butter, and salt. Set the rest of the marshmallows aside for now.
- Stir marshmallows, CBD oil, butter and salt over medium-low heat until melted and evenly combined (3 to 5 minutes).
- Stir in the Cocoa Krispies.
- Remove from the heat and let it slightly cool (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the remaining mini marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Lightly press on it so it fills the pan evenly.
- Cut into bars and serve.
How to Enjoy Your CBD Chocolaty Krispies Treats
Eat one of these CBD edibles for a snack during the day. If you want a dessert that will help you sleep, you can enjoy two of these babies, as they only pack in about 195 calories each. They do contain sugar, so make sure you eat them at least an hour prior to bedtime.
Creatively Enjoy Your CBD
Play with your options for creating CBD edibles. Let these recipes inspire you to branch out at try adding CBD into other treats and dishes.
Though we suggest Regenefi’s 1,000mg Pure CBD mixture in the recipes, you can substitute that with any of our tinctures to reach the desired dose per serving. Buy your CBD oil today and start cooking!
FDA Disclaimer: The statements regarding these products are not evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products is not confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products do not diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not a substitute for or alternative to information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product.